Become a Co-op Owner Today
Join 11,700 of your neighbors and support your community-owned grocery store.
Our business is a cooperative, which means it’s owned by our shoppers — folks like you who care about where their food comes from and how it’s grown. For a one-time $100 investment, paid all at once or in $20 monthly installments, you can enjoy the benefits of lifelong Whole Foods Co-op ownership. Your investment helps the co-op grow!
*If you’re a shopper with limited means, learn more below about our assistance programs including Co-op ownership for only $20 and a 10% discount every time you shop.
Ownership comes with some serious perks:
- Get $20 in Owner Exclusive Coupons. Right when you sign-up!
- Access to Community Perks at 50+ local businesses. Like beer upgrades at Bent Paddle!
- Take 15% Off Special Order/Case Discount. Stock up and save!
- Have a voice by voting in Board of Directors elections and providing feedback on the future of the co-op.
Shoppers with Limited Means
Eligible shoppers on food assistance programs can become a Co-op Owner for just $20. Please visit our Customer Service Counter to become an Owner using the Fran Skinner Memorial Matching Fund. Simply bring documentation of participation in one of the following programs:
- SNAP / EBT
- WIC (Women, Infants, Children)
- School Meal Program
- Emergency Assistance Program
(St. Louis County or the Salvation Army)
- Energy Assistance Program (AEOA)
- Section 8 or HRA Housing Program
- Social Security Disability Insurance
(SSDI or RSDI)
- Food Supplement Program
The Fran Skinner Memorial Fund was created in 1991 to assist Co-op Owners in the purchase of equity stock for Co-op Ownership. The name of the fund honors of one of our founding members and long-time social justice advocate in our community, Fran Skinner.
Whole Foods Co-op Access Discount
Whole Foods Co-op believes that quality food should be available to everyone, but we also understand that sometimes the cost for quality food can seem out of reach. Our Access Discount offers Co-op owners who qualify for the program a 10% discount on most merchandise, making healthful choices that much more attainable. Please visit our Customer Service Counter to enroll in the program.