Whole Foods Co-op is consumer-owned cooperative that is wholly-owned and governed by our Owners.
The Owners elect a Board of Directors to establish and uphold policies on how our business is run. Through the ENDS policy, the Board sets the vision for the cooperative. The Board also sets general policies that define the role and responsibilities of the General Manager who oversees day-to-day operations.
As an Owner, the Whole Foods Co-op is your store. The success of the co-op is your success. You have a voice in your Co-op’s future through voting in elections, serving on committees and/or serving on the Board as an elected director.
Co-op Owners can also reach out directly to the Board:
Board of Directors
Whole Foods Co-op
610 E 4th Street
Duluth, MN 55805
Board meetings are held at 5:30pm on the 4th Monday of every month at our Denfeld Store. Location and time subject to change.
2022 Board Meetings
- January 24
- February 28
- March 28
- April 25
- May 23
- June 27
- July 25
- August 22
- September 26
Owners can directly participate in meetings in the following ways:
Open Listening Sessions: the first 30 minutes of all Board Meetings are set aside for Owners to present comments or concerns on topics of their choosing directly to the Board. These listening sessions give the Board the opportunity to hear from Owners, and help the Board better understand Owner concerns. Parameters are outlined here.
Items for Discussion: Owners can submit items to be included for discussion at a Board meeting. For consideration, submit your item in writing by the first Friday of the month in which you request the Board’s consideration. Such agenda items will be subject to time constraints at the Board meeting.
Current Governing Documents
- Articles of Incorporation updated 9/19/2012
- Bylaws updated 10/20/2020
- Board Policies updated 05/27/21
- Board & Owner Meeting Minutes
- Product Purchasing Guidelines updated 08/06/21
Join the Whole Foods Co-op Board of Directors!
There are three positions open each election cycle and the board is always seeking passionate owners who care about the Co-op and want to take a more active role in ensuring its continued success. Serving on the Board of Directors is one of the most rewarding ways that Owners can become involved in WFC. If the following statements apply to you, you would be a great candidate.
- I CARE about the needs of our community, our Co-op Owners and staff.
- I want to UPHOLD the standards of professionalism, advocacy and commitment the Co-op exists by.
- I want to LEARN more about the cooperative principles, the cooperative business model, and policy governance.
- I want to ADVOCATE for: sustainable agriculture, food and health issues, and other topics of concern to the Co-op.
In addition to filling out the Board Application, applicants must:
- Be the Primary Owner on your account for a minimum of ninety (90) consecutive days prior to the application deadline. (If you’re not sure you are the primary owner, you can call either store and the Customer Service Counter can provide that information.)
- Have attended one of the most recent 12 Board meetings before the application deadline Be willing to attend monthly meetings and serve a three-year term
- Complete the Board Application and background check
- Provide a current resume and list of references
- Participate in an interview, prior to the election, with members of the Recruitment Committee
Questions? Get in touch with the Recruitment Committee at: email@example.com