The Grow Local Food Fund (GLFF) is a branch of the Whole Foods Co-op GIVE! program. GLFF is a grant that provides funding for projects that build the resiliency of our local food economy. Our current focus supports three categories: emerging growers, established growers, and food producers in our community. Watch the video to learn more about the first round of food producers and growers that benefited from this funding.
Stay tuned… next grant round coming soon!
We’re looking to fund…
- New projects that help a farm or food producer scale its offerings
- Improvements to facilities or purchases that increase productivity or efficiency
- The purchase of new equipment, materials, and more
- Long-term investments
The selection process
Below is the criteria for the grant application scoring process. Selection committee members represent different roles and perspectives in the community and will use the below criteria to score your application.
Grow Local Food Fund Grant Details
- The maximum grant request is $7000
- Download a fillable W-9 .PDF here. Recipients will need to print, sign, and send to complete the process!
- Applicants of past grant cycles that were not awarded funding are encouraged to reapply but must complete the application again.
- 501c3 non-profit organizations are excluded from applying but encouraged to apply for our Non-Profit Support Program.
- At this time, producers of wellness supplements and pet food are excluded.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: The GLFF program is new to WFC, with the first recipients being funded in 2021. As the program grows and we gain feedback from our GLFF Selection Committee and Grantees components of scoring and timelines for applications and awards are subject to change.