This raw chutney-like riff on classic cooked fruit compote offers a fresh way to top yogurt, ice cream, and grilled meats.
- 1 pound fresh or frozen rhubarb trimmed and diced
- 1/3 cup dried apricots (10-15 apricots), diced
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp orange liqueur (Grand Marnier or Triple Sec
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- In a large bowl, stir together all the ingredients.
- Refrigerate the compote in a tightly-covered bowl or dish for 2 to 3 days to allow the flavors to blend, stirring a few times.
- Serve spooned over panna cotta, yogurt, ice cream, or pound cake.
- This is a raw, crunchy, chutney-like riff on a classic fruit compote. Add a pinch of freshly-grated ginger or a handful of chopped, fresh strawberries and serve it with pork, duck, or chicken.