Curried Lentil + Chickpea Stew
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Ingredient Notes: Vegetarian, Vegan
- 2 c. Organic Bulk Green Lentils
- 1 can (15.5oz) Field Day Organic Garbanzo Beans
- 1 can (14.5oz) Field Day Organic Diced Tomatoes
- 1 pouch Simply Organic Madras Curry Simmer Sauce
- 1 package (16oz) MN Tofu (>>>>Check brand name)
- 2 teaspoons salt
Optional: Consider adding in 3 cups fresh spinach greens and 1 cup frozen peas. Pictured in the finished dish below.
Bring 8-10 cups water to boil. Add lentils and salt. Reduce to a simmer and cook lentils until tender. About 20-25 minutes.
While lentils are cooking: Cut tofu into 1/2 inch cubes. Drain garbanzo beans.
When lentils are cooked, drain and reserve about 3 cups cooking liquid. Set lentils aside.
Place cooking pot back over medium heat and add garbanzo beans, tomatoes, and curry pouch. Bring to a simmer an cook 3-4 minutes.
Add cooked lentils. Add 1-3 cups reserved cooking liquid as needed for a saucy stew.
Lastly, gently add tofu cupes as desired and bring dish back to a simmer.
Recipe adapted from PCC Community Market.