Strawberry-Rhubarb Upside-Down Banana Cake
- ½ C Earth Balance Butter Spread , melted
- 1 C light brown sugar , packed
- ¾ C rhubarb , chopped to ½" dice
- ¾ C strawberries , hulled and coarsely chopped
- ½ C canned coconut milk
- 6 T earth balance buttery spread
- 1¼ C all-purpose flour
- 1½ t baking powder
- ¼ t salt
- 2 large very ripe bananas , mashed
- 1 C sugar
- ½ t vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350F. Spray 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Pour the 1/2 cup melted butter over bottom of pan; sprinkle with brown sugar. Scatter rhubarb and strawberries over brown sugar.
- Heat the coconut milk and 6 tablespoons Earth Balance Buttery Sticks in a small saucepan over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes or until buttery sticks melt. Pour into medium bowl; cool.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Cream bananas, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until smooth. Mix dry ingredients, and cooled milk with creamed mixture until smooth
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes, then invert cake onto serving platter, replacing any topping that remains in pan. Cool completely before serving.