Check out other awesome soy recipes at www.soyfoods.org.
- 2 C Sunrich Naturals Shelled Edamame
- 4 garlic cloves , unpeeled
- ¼ C cilantro , finely chopped
- 4 T olive oil
- ½ C fresh lime juice
- ¼ t ground cumin
- ½ t chili powder
- dash of salt and pepper
- Roast garlic in a skillet over medium heat, turning often, for about 15 minutes (or until it turns a golden brown color). Remove cloves from skillet and let cool. Peel off skins and set aside. Meanwhile, bring 8 cups of water to a boil in a large pan. Add Sunrich Naturals Shelled Edamame to the pan, bring water back to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Save and set aside 3/4 cup of the water before draining the edamame. Let the edamame cool.
- Coarsely chop the garlic cloves in a food processor. Add the cooked edamame, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper to the food processor and blend. Add the cilantro, lime juice, and olive oil to food processor and pulse to combine with the other ingredients. Add the cooking water that was set aside a little at a time, and process until smooth. *Note: you may not need to add all of the water.