These fun little bites are perfect for entertaining. Make cheese lollipops using thin pretzel sticks, serve cheese balls with water crackers or baguette slices, or try changing up the flavors.
- 4 oz cream cheese , softened
- 1 t minced garlic
- pinch of salt
- 4 oz Gruyere cheese , shredded
- 2 t minced fresh sage
- 1 t minced fresh rosemary
- ¼ C finely-chopped walnuts
- 1 T minced parsley
- In a food processor, blend the cream cheese, garlic and salt until smooth. Transfer cream cheese mixture to a bowl and stir in the Gruyere cheese, sage and rosemary until evenly distributed.
- Line a plate or pan with parchment paper. Roll the cheese mixture into 1-inch balls and set on the parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the walnuts and parsley and stir until well mixed. Roll each ball in the mixture and return to plate or pan.
- Place the cheese balls in the refrigerator to firm. Serve with crackers or crostini.