Below is a preview of the GLFF online application. This preview is for preparation purposes only, applicants will be required to submit an online application.
2022 Application Questions
Part 1: Enter Farm/Business Contact Information
Part 2: Provide a brief Proposal Summary of why you are applying (100 words or less)
Part 3: Proposal Narrative
(1) Is your farm or business located in the Lake Superior Bioregion of Minnesota or Wisconsin? This is any county in Minnesota or Wisconsin that touches Lake Superior including Minnesota counties Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake, Pine, and St. Louis. Wisconsin counties Ashland, Bayfield, Burnett, Douglas, Iron, Sawyer and Washburn.
(2) Please select a category that best describes your business. Emerging Grower, Established Grower, or Food Producer
(3) Tell us about your farm or business.
How many years have you been in business/operation? Do you have a mission statement? What are your goals and what is your vision for the short-term and long-term future?
(4) Is your farm or business owned or managed by Black, Indigenous or People of Color (BIPOC)?
(5) Who does the day-to-day work, including planning, overseeing, and decision making?
(6) Is an employee(s) of Whole Foods Co-op involved with your organization? If yes, please list name(s) and involvement.
(7) Are you a cooperatively owned business?
(8) Have you ever been a Grow Local Food Fund recipient in the past? (Past recipients are NOT eligible this round).
Part 4: Project Details
(9) What is the nature and scope of the project you would like funding for?
(10) What is the timeline for the project? How long will the project take and when will it be complete? If this is a multi-year project, please explain what you plan to accomplish each year.
(11) Who will be carrying out the bulk of the work on the project, and what experience and qualifications do they have to support the project’s success?
(12) How does your project support the growth of local food production? Please include numerical metrics if possible.
(13) How does/can your project positively impact the environment (air, soil & water)?
Part 5: Budget Information
(14) Dollar amount requested from Grow Local Food Fund (up to $7000).
(15) In 2021, what was your total annual income (sales, grants, other)?
(16) In 2021, what are your total annual expenses (rent, utilities, labor, supplies)?
(17) Total project budget (including dollars requested).
(18) Describe your project budget – give us a breakdown of costs.
(19) Is your business funding a portion of this project? If yes, how much?
(20) Are others funding a portion of this project? If yes, please note amount, source, and status (pending, confirmed).
(21) Are you reliant on this grant funding for your project to happen?
(22) If your project is selected for funding, you will be responsible for submitting a W-9 to our finance department (so we can send you a check) in a timely manner between April 18-22. Will you commit to this?
(23) If awarded a grant from the Grow Local food Fund a final report or update with information about the project and its effect on your business must be submitted to Whole Foods Co-op within six months of receipt of grant funds. How will you evaluate the success of this project? Who will do the evaluation, and how will it be reported? Reports can be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Will you commit to this?
(23) If your application is chosen, do you allow WFC to use your application to serve as an example for future applicants on our website? (Personal and financial information would be removed for privacy purposes)