1970: 20 members form the Whole Foods Buying Club in the Chester Creek House at 13th Avenue East & 2nd Street.
1971: First Coordinator hired.
1972: Summer: 901 East 7th Street
Fall: 24 West 5th Street.
1973: WFC merges with Community Food Buying Club at 631 East 8th Street.
1981: WFC merges with West End Co-op.
1983: West End Co-op closes.
1993: Moved to 1332 East 4th Street.
2005: Moved to 610 East 4th Street.
2006: Whole Foods Co-op becomes the first LEED Certified Co-op in the U.S and receives the Co-op Excellence Award.
2007: Certified Organic Retailer status achieved.
2012: International Year of Cooperatives, the June 20 ‘Great Flood’, Brewery Creek Overlook seating area and parking lot expanded.
2014: Second location site purchased, Hillside store undergoes remodelling.
2016: WFC Denfeld location opens at 4426 Grand Avenue.
2017: WFC workers unionize and are now represented by UFCW 1189.