Spread peach butter on waffles, pancakes, toast, scones, or biscuits to liven up your breakfast, or drizzle over a chunk of salty blue cheese on an appetizer platter. Add vanilla, mango, or strawberries for more exotic flavor combinations. Peach butter will keep refrigerated for a few weeks.
- 6 cups fresh peaches roughly chopped, pits removed
- 2-4 tbsp honey adjust according to the weetness of the peaches
- pinch ground cinnamon and/or ginger
- In a large, heavy-bottom pot, stir together the peaches, spices, and honey.
- Cook over low-medium heat, uncovered, stirring frequently, for about 45 minutes, until the peaches begin to break down.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the peaches until smooth. (A regular blender can be used, blending the peaches in small batches. But be careful- the peach mixture will be very hot and sticky!)
- Cook the peach puree another 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until the mixture is thick and spreadable.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Pour into mason jars or sturdy plastic containers, cover, and refrigerate.