Grilled Marinated Zucchini
- 1 lb zucchini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 lemon each of orange zest AND lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes optional
- Remove ends of zucchini and slice them lengthwise into halves or thirds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, lemon zest and juice, vinegar and spices. Place the zucchini in a large dish or on a rimmed sheet pan and pour the marinade over the zucchini. Let sit for 30 minutes or more, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Grill the zucchini for 3-4 minutes on each side, basting with any remaining marinade when flipping.
- Serve warm.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and serve as a side dish with frilled meats and poultry, or chop and toss the zucchini with chunks of fresh tomato, feta cheese and cooked couscous for a light Mediterranean salad. Picnicking? Put the zucchini and marinade in a plastic zip lock bag just before leaving home and grill them on-site.