Whole Foods Co-op
Labor Day Hours, 7am to 9pm  

WFC History

Sustainable Growth

For over 40 years, Whole Foods Co-op has been Duluth’s destination for organic and fresh foods. We are extremely thankful to the community and Owners who have made our continual growth possible.

1970

20 members form the Whole Foods Buying Club
Location: Chester Creek House at E 13th Avenue & 2nd Street

1971

First Coordinator hired

1972

Summer: 901 E 7th Street
Fall: 24 W 5th Street

1973

Whole Foods merges with Community Food Buying Club at 631 E 8th Street

1981

Whole Foods takes over West End Co-op

1983

West End Co-op closes

1993

Moved to 1332 E 4th Street

2005

Moved to 610 E 4th Street – 2,500 Owners strong!

2006

Whole Foods Co-op becomes the first LEED Certified Building in Duluth, first LEED Certified Adaptive Use Building and Retailer in Minnesota, and the first LEED Certified Co-op in the U.S. WFC also secures Certified Organic Retailer status in all departments.

2007

WFC gains the ENERGY STAR rating

2010

Whole Foods Co-op purchases the Members Cooperative Credit Union building next door

2012

The Brewery Creek Overlook seating area and customer parking are expanded – Ownership tops 6,700!

2014

With over 8,000 Owners, Whole Foods Co-op announces expansion to a second location on the corner of Grand  and 45th Avenue West. Our Denfeld location is slated to open early in 2016.

 

Whole Foods Co•op

218.728.0884
info@wholefoods.coop

Hillside Location

610 E 4th Street
Duluth, MN 55805

Denfeld Location

4426 Grand Avenue
Duluth, MN 55807